How to cut felt by cutting paper machine
July 19, 2012 3 Comments
I bought a cutting paper machine last week, it is an electronic cutting tool for personal use. Like a home printer it plugs into your PC or Mac with a simple USB cable. However instead of printing it uses a small blade to cut paper cardstock vinyl fabric and more up to 12 wide and 10 feet long.
I always want to have a cut feltting felt tool. I know some laser cutting felt machine could cut felt, but it’s too expensive and I can’t bring my room to the smoke and ashes.
So I have a try on this cutting paper machine and succeeded.
It’s the result.
1. draw diagrams directly on laptop by Coreldraw. Yes, we need vector diagram not bitmap, JPG…
2. I change the blade with a ball point pen, then we can get a drawing machine.
It’s not bad.
3. It’s a most important step.
Put a sticker paper on the cutting mat, tear up the bottom, Put the felt on the sticker.
4. Put the cutting mat into the cutting machine.
We should change back the blade. as the felt thickness is about 1mm, we should use sharper blade.
5. with slower speed and more cutting force.
6. It’ done.
You my get felt from my etsy shop.